10 Years of OpenMI: Your Invitation to Get Involved
Post date: Jan 14, 2015 6:29:02 PM
In the past, you either expressed interest in the Open Modelling Interface (OpenMI) standard or written a publication concerning it. Your work has contributed towards the proving and utilisation of OpenMI which has been developed and nurtured now for 10 years. In celebration of this milestone and the formal accreditation of OpenMI version 2.0 by the Open Geospatial Consortium, the OpenMI Dissemination Committee is extending invitations to join the OpenMI Association.
As we look to the next 10 years, the vision is to respond to the growing interest in integrated modelling: using OpenMI as part of infrastructures, interfacing with other standards and data sources, and developing the growing library of use cases and compliant models. The activities of the association include sharing information about new compliant components, formulating new compositions and solutions, and exploring ideas for further development. We invite you to participate as follows:
- Individual membership: As part of this promotion, individual membership of the association is free for the first year. If you wish to become an individual member then click here to download the form. We will note that these individual membership applications have the fee waived.
- Corporate membership: Corporate membership allows your organisation to join the OpenMI Association, with multiple participants and use of the members logo at that level. Click here to download the form.
- If you would like your model listed on the register of compliant components then fill out the short form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. The components will be published here: http://www.openmi.org/openmi-around-the-world/compliant-components
- If you have developed training and teaching material concerning OpenMI, we are happy to publish this here: https://sites.google.com/a/openmi.org/home/learning-more
- If you have other OpenMI publications then you are welcome to submit references to be posted here: http://www.openmi.org/openmi-around-the-world/publications-and-presentations
- OpenMI Awards: Enter the annual OpenMI awards by sending a news article to email@example.com. More information on the awards can be found here: http://www.openmi.org/openmi-awards
Thanks for your participation in the OpenMI journey so far and please feel free to forward this message to your colleagues (*). We look forward to your involvement in the future!
Chairman, OpenMI Association
On behalf of the OpenMI Association Dissemination Committee
Form: Register of Owner Claimed Compliant Models and Other Components (http://www.openmi.org/openmi-around-the-world/compliant-components)
Model Description: A brief description of the model / component
OpenMI Version: 1.4 or 2.0
Input Exchange Items: A list of the parameters able to be used as input exchange items
Output Exchange Items: A list of the parameters offered as output exchange items
Contact for more information: email address / website
Like OpenMI on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/209073299110645/?fref=ts and/or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/groups/OpenMI-2983571.
(*) This message has been sent to individuals who are first or second author of or more articles listed in http://www.openmi.org/openmi-around-the-world/publications-and-presentations . It is published on the OpenMI website, Facebook and LinkedIn.